You can now come and have your portrait drawn in pastels in 15-20 minutes or simply look at original works in Paul Houlton’s Hove Studio at 6 Hove Place BN3 2RG.
To book an appointment call 01273 733666 or email: email@example.com
To see Paul’s portraits from life and commissions from photographs click the link: http://www.eaststportraits.wordpress.com
WINTER EXHIBITION 2022
Its not often that an artist is able to mount an exhibition drawn from a lifetime of work, but local artist Paul Houlton has a studio full of paintings that are only now seeing the light of day for the first time in a new exhibition during this year’s Artists Open Houses in Brighton and…
Paul Houlton Studio Exhibition May 7-29 2022 6 Hove Place Hove BN3 2RG
Its not often that an artist is able to mount an exhibition drawn from a lifetime of work, but local artist Paul Houlton has a studio full of paintings that are only now seeing the light of day for the first time in a new exhibition during this year’s Artists Open Houses in Brighton and Hove in May.
Paul’s first and only solo exhibition was back in 1976 at the Africa Centre in London, since when he has worked as a portrait artist in London and more recently in Brighton’s Lanes but with the fashion nowadays more for selfies than for portraits, he has turned to a mountain of previously unexhibited paintings clogging up his studio and made them into a range of greeting cards that have proved a surprise hit recently with locals and visitors to Brighton alike.
Now the original paintings, drawings and prints from the 1960s to the present in a wide range of styles and influences are being put on display in Paul’s amazing studio – a former chapel – with a daily tour of the exhibition by the artist most weekdays at midday.
Paul Houlton: Paintings – Drawings – Prints May 7 -29 daily 11.00 – 17.00 (except Mondays) at 6 Hove Place, Hove BN3 2RG see full listing either online here:
or in the brochure under Independent No.9 (p.79)
- The exhibition will be extended for a short time until the end of June so if you missed your chance in May you can still come and see it – you will just need to make an appointment by either phoning 01273 733666 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org saying when you would like to visit.
40 page full colour illustrated catalogue of the recent selective retrospective exhibition held in the Hove studio from 7-29 May 2022 with introduction and commentary [softcover 21 x 21 cm]
The catalogue is available to purchase from the shop for £30
What people are saying…
- Very interesting and informative …Thank you Paul
- Fabulous range of styles. All very covetable!
- Thank you so much. A great exhibition and body of work.
- Unsuspected surprise, a great collection of the artist’s work … love the portraits.
- It was pretty exciting. Thank you for supporting my country ♥ Love from Ukrainian
- A nice variety of styles
- Well worth the walk!
- What a wonderful space for art. The works are outstanding and you could look/gaze for hours!!
I have made a new greeting card from a portrait of a Ukrainian Girl I drew in Brighton in 2014 – I remember her looking a little anxious and I asked her if she was OK, thinking that maybe she was feeling a bit nervous at sitting for her portrait:
“No” – she replied – “I am worried about my country. It is being invaded!”
The card will be available at the exhibition for donations in support of the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal but hurry they are going fast!